- Travel Insurance.
- Inform your banks of your travel.
- You can submit a travel plan to the US Department of State of your travel plans outside of the United States.
- E-mail copies of your passport to yourself and make sure you have enough blank pages. More than 2 pages!
- Make sure your passport is still valid for 6 months as some destinations will prohibit entry.
- Leave the telephone number of your safari operators main office with a loved one at home, so they can get in touch with you in case of an emergency. There is no cellular service on safari. The guide/s will have a satellite phone.